July 26, 1908, United States Federal Bureau of Investigation/Founded
Candidates interested in applying for this position are required to: * Possess a bachelor's degree (or higher) in a behavioral or social science discipline or discipline related to the victim assistance field to include, but not limited to: Criminal Justice, Social Work, Counseling, Human Services, or Psychology.May 20, 2015
Seeking to form an independent and more efficient investigative arm, in 1908 the Department of Justice hired 10 former Secret Service employees to join an expanded Office of the Chief Examiner. The date when these agents reported to duty—July 26, 1908—is celebrated as the genesis of the FBI.
If you're more inclined to law enforcement and want to help put criminals behind bars, serving as an FBI agent makes more sense. On the other hand, if interested in collecting intelligence on foreign threats to the United States, you should consider service as a CIA officer.
What job makes the most money?
- Psychiatrists (≥ $208,000).
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeons (≥ $208,000).
- Obstetricians and gynecologists (≥ $208,000).
- General internal medicine physicians (≥ $208,000).
- Surgeons, except ophthalmologists (≥ $208,000).
- Anesthesiologists (≥ $208,000).
- Prosthodontists (≥ $208,000).
Below are specific elements that will automatically disqualify job candidates for employment with the FBI. Conviction of a felony (Special Agent candidates only: conviction of a domestic violence misdemeanor or more serious offense) Violation of the FBI Employment Drug Policy (please see below for additional details)
Employment Requirements for the Special Agent Position
- Be between 23 and 36 years of age.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience; or one year if you have earned an advanced degree (master's or higher).
The FBI's primary goal is to protect the citizens of the United States by investigating and upholding criminal laws. There are several departments within the FBI and a number of ranks that FBI agents can achieve and hold. However, because the FBI is a separate agency from the military, FBI ranks are not military ranks.
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook. DEA scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits. Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
|L. Patrick Gray|
|Born||Louis Patrick Gray IIIJuly 18, 1916 St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.|
|Died||July 6, 2005 (aged 88) Atlantic Beach, Florida, U.S.|